Medical imaging techniques are regularly used to visualise the inside, or lumen, of blood vessels and organs of the body, with a particular interest in the arteries, veins, and the heart chambers using radiation-based techniques such as fluoroscopy. The annual global angiography equipment market, for example, was valued at US$9.77 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach US$13.06 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period.
Cancer has now surpassed cardiac disease as the leading cause of non-communicable disease deaths in high-income countries, accounting for one in every five deaths and costing the global economy over US$2.5 trillion annually. As a pillar of cancer treatment, radiotherapy is recommended for approximately half of all cancer patients. Patients that receive radiation overdoses have a significantly greater probability of developing secondary malignancies or suffering significant collateral tissue or organ damage and in some cases directly resulting in early death. With over 10 million cancer patients pa receiving up to 30 individual radiotherapy doses at various stages of their illnesses, ensuring their safety is imperative.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading global cause of death, accounting for 17.3 million deaths per year, a number that is expected to grow to more than 23.6 million by 2030. In the US alone, there are over one million angiograms for heart disease performed each year.
The global market for medical radiation-related products is over US $8 billion pa.
Electrogenics Laboratories Ltd (ELL) holds the exclusive global license for the commercialisation of MOSkin – the world’s most advanced, cost-effective, real-time radiation dosimeter/sensor. MOSkin has been specifically designed for radiation dosimetry to precisely measure the defined effective depth and intensity of radiation doses in real-time during the majority of radiation therapy treatments and scans.
– Developed and proven in multiple successful clinical trials in Australia and Europe over 8 years of funded research and development.
– The unique solution to address the current gap between medical radiation delivery technologies and accurate real-time quality assurance and monitoring of each radiation dose.
– ELL’s patented technology is uniquely positioned to become the leading real-time radiation dose monitoring sensor supplier in the (projected) US$8.23 billion pa market for medical radiation-related products.
– Strong multiple markets and multiple applications potential including Brachytherapy (prostate, gynecological, and breast radiation therapy), External Beam Radiotherapy (medical Linac), intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and Tomography and Diagnostic radiology (CT, angiography etc.,).
– Suitable for skin surface, cavity in vivo and beam path real-time radiation measurements.
The MOSkin Technology has already been extensively proven to be highly effective in a wide range of radiation therapies and diagnostic radiology treatments, including:
Linear accelerator X-ray therapy
Prostate HDR brachytherapy
Stereotactic radiation therapy
Nuclear medicine thyroid scans
Neurointerventional radiology procedures (Eye Lens)